1 Which of the following nutritional supplements has a proven track record as a powerful antiviral, significantly reducing your risk of common cold, influenza and several other viral illnesses?
Quercetin reduces your risk of cold or flu and boosts mental performance following extreme physical stress, which might otherwise undermine your immune function and render you more susceptible to infections. It packs a powerful antiviral punch, inhibiting several strains of influenza, hepatitis B and C, and other viruses. Learn more.
2 Which of the following have been identified as driving forces behind the opioid epidemic?
- Cancer pain and pain associated with bone fractures
- Arthritis, fibromyalgia and widespread pain syndrome
- Back pain and post-surgical pain from tonsillectomies and wisdom teeth removal
The inappropriate treatment approach to back pain and post-surgical pain from tonsillectomies and wisdom teeth removal are driving forces behind the opioid epidemic. Learn more.
- Urinary tract infections, gout and migraines
3 According to a systematic review of statin trials, statin drugs prolong life by an average of:
- Three to four years
- Three to four months
- Three to four weeks
- Three to four days
A 2015 systematic review of statin trials found that in primary prevention trials, the median postponement of death was 3.2 days. In secondary prevention trials, statins prolonged life by a median of 4.1 days. Learn more.
4 Positional vertigo occurs when:
- Crystal deposits in your inner ear are dislodged
Positional vertigo occurs when crystal deposits in your inner ear become dislodged and end up in your ear canal. As you move, the crystals disrupt the flow of the fluids, thereby confusing your balance organs. Learn more.
- You’ve suffered a concussion
- When wax builds up and puts pressure on your eardrum
- When a tumor is growing in your brain or spinal cord
5 Recent research shows untrained individuals in their 70s and 80s:
- Have about one-quarter of the capacity to build muscle as lifelong athletes of the same age, proving age-related muscle loss is inevitable
- Have the same capacity to build muscle as lifelong athletes of the same age, proving it’s never too late to get fitter
Research shows untrained individuals in their 70s and 80s have the same capacity to build muscle as lifelong athletes of the same age, proving it’s never too late to get fitter. Learn more.
- Have half the capacity to build muscle as lifelong athletes of the same age, suggesting you must strength train earlier in life to maintain muscle as you age
- Have double the capacity to build muscle as lifelong athletes of the same age, proving wishful thinking is real
6 The benefits of geothermal greenhouses include
- sustainable use of the Earth’s own heat
- no harmful herbicides or pesticides
- a local source of “sunbelt” fruits and vegetables
- all of the above
Geothermal greenhouses enable organic, locally grown produce to be produced with minimal cost. Learn more.
7 Autophagy refers to the biological process in which:
- Your muscle cells are rebuilt following protein intake
- Your cells self-destruct, which is an important component of cancer prevention
- Your cells are being recycled and converted back into energy
Autophagy refers to the biological process in which your cells are being recycled and converted back into energy. It’s a recycling mechanism that prevents the accumulation of old and worn-out organelles. Learn more.
- Cellular health is inhibited, preventing regeneration