1 Which of the following has been shown to sequester the greatest amount of organic carbon in soil?
- Organic farming methods
- Biodynamic farming
Biodynamic sites have the greatest amount of organic carbon in the soil, followed closely by sites using organic principles. Either method is far superior to conventional farming, sequestering 12.8% and 9.4% more carbon per acre than conventionally farmed land respectively. Learn more.
- Conventional farming methods
- A combination approach: No-till combined with restricted use of synthetic fertilizers
2 Which of the following statements is factually correct?
- Measles killed 110,000 American children in 2017
- Measles is the most lethal infectious disease known to man
- The last recorded measles-associated death in the U.S. occurred in 2015
According to World Health Organization data, measles killed 110,000 people globally in 2017. In the U.S., measles rarely leads to death. The last recorded measles-associated death in the U.S. occurred in 2015. Learn more.
- Measles is a leading cause of death among children across the world
3 The following is an effective way to activate autophagy and stem cell regeneration, which is important for optimal health and longevity:
- Losing weight by any means
- High-intensity exercise
Fasting triggers stem cell regeneration and autophagy — a natural process that clears out dysfunctional and diseased cell components that would otherwise compromise your health. Learn more.
4 Optimal breathing for health and psychological well-being involves:
- Horizontal breathing and nose breathing
Most people breathe incorrectly and the ramifications for your health can be significant. Two of the most common errors are over breathing — breathing more than 14 breaths per minute — and breathing vertically rather than horizontally. Correct breathing is slow and relaxed and will cause your midsection to widen while not raising your shoulders or puffing out the upper part of your chest. Learn more.
- Vertical breathing and mouth breathing
- Mouth breathing and a breathing rate in excess of 14 breaths per minute
- A breathing rate of six to 10 breaths per minute and vertical breathing
5 Sunflower seeds are ready for harvest when:
- The flower head falls off
- The flower head starts to droop and the seeds turn brown
Sunflower seeds are ready for harvest once they start turning brown. Dry them thoroughly before storing in an airtight container. Learn more.
- The seeds start turning green
- The flower head is fully opened
6 Which of the following is not linked to climate change?
- Plastic pollution
Extreme weather, including rising sea levels, intensified and more frequent wildfires, devastating flooding, stronger hurricanes and prolonged droughts are all linked to climate change. Learn more.
7 The following can help support detoxification during fasting:
- Autophagy-activating supplements
- Autophagy-inhibiting supplements
- Near-infrared sauna bathing
My KetoFast protocol supports your detox pathways and minimizes risks associated with the release of toxins that occur during fasting. To support detoxification during your fast, consider using a near-infrared sauna, which will help eliminate toxins through your sweat. Learn more.