With advances in brain mapping and neurofeedback, there’s so much to learn about the brain. I feel like I’ve barely touched the tip of the iceberg on this topic, so I’ve invited Dr. Andrew Hill here today. He is one of the top brain performance coaches in the country and holds a PhD in cognitive neuroscience from UCLA’s Department of Psychology. He lectures at UCLA and teaches courses in psychology, neuroscience, and gerontology.
In this episode, Dr. Hill explains all about mental fitness and how our brain gives us the resources to juggle and process all of the things we deal with every day. This includes our sleep, focus, ability to deal with stress, information processing, and more. We’ll talk about advances in science and ways we can measure and better understand the brain’s performance with the amazing process of neurofeedback.
I’ll be visiting the Peak Brain Institute soon and trusting them with my brain… wonder what they’ll find? I’ll be sure to report back on what happens!
Episode Highlights on Peak Brain Performance
- How the Peak Brain Institute can literally map and reshape your brain
- Brain wave frequencies: how they work, how doctors measure them, and why they control more than you think
- Why better brain fitness translates into better sleep, focus, and stress management
- Simple ways to increase your performance (whether asleep or awake) by optimizing the brain
- What measuring your theta brainwaves can reveal about your personality
- Advances in brain mapping and how doctors use it to target problem areas
- How neurofeedback works to improve outcomes for ADD, ADHD, OCD, or PTSD patients
- The new way scientists think about consciousness
- How learning to play piano or speak a new language affects the brain (and why to do it early)
- Science-supported benefits of meditation and mindfulness
- And more!
Resources We Mention
More From Wellness Mama
Did you enjoy this episode? What other questions do you have about peak brain performance? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Magic Spoon Cereal. I know, I know…never thought you’d hear me recommend cereal, did you? That’s because almost every cereal out there is full of refined sugars and grains and often GMO ingredients and dyes. Yet, Americans certainly love it! In fact, the average American consumes 100+ bowls a year, and that number accounts for people like me who don’t consume any at all! Now, cereal lovers can rejoice that there is a high protein, low carb, grain-free, gluten-free, nothing artificial, childlike cereal for grown ups. With 12 g of protein per bowl and only 3 g of carbs it tastes like the cereal you remember but without the sugar high or the guilt! Check out magicspoon.com/wellnessmama for all the details
This podcast is sponsored by Thrive Market, a company I’ve known and loved since the very beginning. Their goal is to make real food affordable to everyone and they now help their half a million members, including me, get the organic foods we love delivered to our door for less! Think of an online combination of Costco and whole foods with tons of organic, allergy friendly, paleo, vegan, Keto and other options. The annual membership earns you free gifts and guaranteed savings, and sponsors a free membership for a low-income family. You’ll get 25-50% off top brands and I also always order the new Thrive Market brand products that provide an even bigger discount on their 500+ high quality products. Check it out and save 25% on your first order by going to thrivemarket.com/wm